Skip to Main Content

FAQs For Buying Window Treatments

Hunter Douglas Dealer Image

Two Blind Guys Answer Your Window Covering Questions

What does the process of purchasing window treatments look like?

Step 1: Call and talk to a team member about your project and schedule a design consultation at the showroom to explore options and discuss the project in detail.

Step 2: Meet with a Design Consultant at the showroom to pick out products and all details regarding window treatments (fabrics, colors, operating systems, etc.).

Step 3: Get an initial quote based off photos, rough measurements, or floor plans.

Step 4: Schedule a final measure to confirm sizing and details. The 70% deposit is due at this time to move forward with the project.

Step 5: Wait for follow up from our team with lead times. Once the project ships, we typically schedule installation.

Step 6: Our professional installers will come out install the new window treatments and finish up the project.

Are your showrooms open by appointment only?

The showroom is open during regular business hours, but we prefer to schedule a design consultation to ensure a design consultant is available to discuss your project with you.

*If an appointment is not scheduled ahead of time, we may not have a design consultant available to assist with your project and a follow up appointment may be needed.

Do you do residential and commercial window treatments?

Yes, we specialize in custom new homes, renovations, and update for residential as well as commercial blinds and shades for office spaces, retail, and various other buildings.

Who does the measuring?

We have a team of certified window treatment design consultants who are experienced in measuring to ensure the perfect fit for your window treatments.

Who does the installation?

We have a team of certified window treatment design consultants who are experienced in measuring to ensure the perfect fit for your window treatments.

What are the payment terms?

70% deposit to place an order, the remaining 30% is due at completion of install.

Do you offer financing?

No, we do not offer finances but accept all major credit cards.

Are your prices competitive?

Being an exclusive Hunter Douglas dealer allows us to have some of the best pricing available. We provide a great value when it comes to pricing and services.

How long does it take to get window treatments made and installed?

Typically blinds and shades are 5-7 weeks and Shutters/specialty shapes are 8-10 weeks from order date to install. Time frames can fluctuate but these are average time frames.

Are you a franchise?

We are not. We are locally, family owned here in St. Louis, MO. We hold the Federal and State Trademark to the name Two Blind Guys.

What is the warranty on my window treatments?

Hunter Douglas products come with a 7-year warranty on the lifting systems and a limited lifetime warranty on various other parts dependent on product.

What do I do if I have a warranty issue?

Call us and one of our team members will help start a warranty claim based on your specific issues.



Window Covering Questions Answered in St. Louis & St Charles MO Area

Two Blind Guys has two locations in the St. Louis area: Chesterfield & Des Peres. Our Design Gallery Showrooms are fully equipped with a full line of Hunter Douglas blinds, shades, shutters, draperies, and side panels. We take the guess work out of your window covering project.

We are in your neighborhood

We serve the greater St. Louis and St. Charles areas including O'Fallon, Dardene Prarie, Foristell, Defiance, Weldon Spring, St. Peters, Wentzville, Troy, Wright City, Washington, Innsbrook, Foristell, St. Paul, Eureka, Grover, Wildwood, Ballwin, Chesterfield, Kirkwood, Webster Groves, Ladue, Clayton, Sunset Hills, Affton, Fenton, Creve Couer, Maryland Heights, Arnold,  Lake St. Louis, MO and surrounding areas. Please contact us via email or phone to let us know how we can help on your next project!

Contact Us

500 characters remaining

All submitted information will only be shared with Two Blind Guys and Hunter Douglas. See our full Privacy Policy.

Thank You

Thank you for reaching out, we appreciate it! One of our staff members will contact you shortly.


Something went wrong. Please try again later.